Meeting Minutes

Georgia Lacrosse Foundation Executive Committee Meeting

(Conference Call) 7:00 PM 7 Aug 2017 

Andrea Braun called the meeting to order. Present on the conference call were: Andrea Braun, Belinda Hughes, Lou Corsetti, Jillian DiFazio, Tony Kingsolver, Michael Hannah, Matt Lawler, Sarah Serbinski, Travis Pearre, Brandon Allen, Ryan Rowe, and Kenny Zaleski.

The minutes were adopted as submitted. Phil Tucker submitted the financial report due to US Lacrosse prior to the July 31 deadline. Lou Corsetti gave the Southeast Region Report. Membership numbers are flat for August as is usual for the summer months. In Georgia, more people are joining than renewing their memberships. Norcross Youth Lacrosse was awarded a soft stick grant. Lou has a meeting in Sandy Springs next week to discuss starting a program there. Lou is also doing a coaches clinic for the Junior Hoyas program this week.

Several committees had updates:

Matt Lawler is working on the Level 1 Coaches Clinic at Lambert on August 20. (Travis Pearre will be the girl’s game instructor). Numbers are not high yet, but an email blast is scheduled to go out on 8/8 from US Lacrosse. Level 2 needs to be scheduled and needs a location. Matt and Sarah will contact Pope, as they may be interested in hosting.  Travis is taking the Level 2 Certification instructor class in September, so we will have a local instructor.

Tony Kingsolver has two women’s officials training dates scheduled: August 20 for junior officials and September 16 for adult officials. Both will be at Newtown Community Center. He has formed a new committee to focus on training, recruitment and ratings. The first meeting is scheduled for August 15.

Per email, Greg Hite has two men’s officials training dates scheduled: August 12 for junior officials at Old Atlanta Rec Center and August 26 for junior and adult officials at East Coweta High School.

Travis Pearre reported that the Georgia Girls National Team took two teams to Yale this summer to compete. Team 1 went 3-2 and Team 2 went 1-4. There was an issue this year with players who tried out and then decided not to participate.

GHSA has still not named a successor to Jay Watts. Hopefully this appointment will be made soon and publicized.

Belinda reported that she will be working on Regional Reps. She has talked to new coaches in Cherokee County. Andrea has asked Kris Beardsley from Peachtree City to be the Southside regional representative.

Jillian will touch base with LeeAnn and will line up a women’s game speaker for the GLF coaching clinic in December. Dom Starsia will be the men’s game speaker.

We still need to schedule a date in November for the GLF town hall meeting. There are no great dates. Andrea will discuss with Lou and set a date.

Kenny Zaleski is the coordinator for the GLF website and social media. Andrea will send Kenny updates that need to be made on the website. Committee chairs should send any upcoming dates and any publicity to Kenny for distribution. We want to make sure all information is on the website.

Convention scholarships are available. Travis Pearre will be the new coordinator for this process. Jillian will send Travis information concerning applications, timelines, etc.

Our next meeting date will be September 25 @ 7:00 (conference call).

External links are provided for reference purposes. USL Georgia is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites.

Copyright 2017 by US Lacrosse

Sports league management software by Sports Illustrated Play